Wednesday, September 10, 2008

recent family change




So almost 2 weeks has passed since Daniel and Adam drove up to announce that my mother in law passed away. We had a whirl wind weekend of funeral arrangements. It is so life altering to lose someone so close. I am not a stranger to loss, however I have never lost anyone but a cousin who was not sick and dieing at the time. Paula was ill for the last 5 years and in poor health, but to be honest this was unexpected. She was a great mom to Daniel and a Great mother in law to me. She will be so missed. Everytime I think about a holiday I picture us in the kitchen working side by side. I am not looking forward to our first thanksgiving with out her touch. I know mom not to much sage in the dressing. I have learned from her and hope I can pass on what I have learned to the grandchildren she barely got a chance to know and the ones she will never get to.


It is funny the things that effect you when you lose your loved one. I was going to mail her a picture of the boys the day she died I had it framed and was about to find a box when the annoucement came.
Now I can not look at my own wall where I have this same picture framed that I do not think, "Mom never even saw this picture." It seems like a really silly thought as it is only a picture and would not help her in any way. I miss her and I wish we had more time together. I am so thankful for the time that God granted us with her and the great memories that I will do my best to share with my babies so that they will know their Grandma through me. Please be in prayer for my sister in law Rebecca. This has effected us all, but she is truely suffering with the loss of her mom. Thanks

No comments: