Sunday, January 01, 2006

Christmas continues..

We hurried back to the Rock to pick up gifts and church and all that jazz. We were supposed to meet Mom and some sibs in NC to eat lunch with Papa but the restaurant that said they were going to open was closed so we met Mom any way and headed to Vance to visit Granny's grave site. It was really good that we did that and it helped Mom get through the holidays easier. We ate microwave pizzas and some bbq sandwiches. Then went to see Papa to our surprise some of the family came anyway and we all had a very nice visit while eating chocolate layered dessert. We then went to Brackettville where I learned that my mom over did it big time this Christmas. There were enough gifts to surround my Dad as he slept on the floor. It reminded me of when I was little and my grandmother went overboard and gifts trailed out from all 360 degrees of the tree. We all made out like bandits. The following day we had our traditional family meal. I even stayed one extra day to sleep in I got up with Kody and handed him to his Grammy and went back to bed til around 11. Then more family came over and we decided to go to a movie so the 9 of us Mom, JoLee, Des, Daylon, Kody, Me, Daniel, Kitten and Patty went to see Naria in Mom's 15 passenger van. I had already seen it but it is still the best movie I have seen in a very long time. We had a fabulous Christmas except that Kody started teething on Sunday evening and has been pretty cranky about it all.

No comments: