Wednesday, December 28, 2005

Wow what a Christmas

What an incredible Christmas. We spent Christmas as we had planned exept that I got Tuesday off as well. Thursday we began Decorating Adam's house since that is where we were going to do our Christmas. When I say we I mean me really on Thursday I put up the Christmas tree with just lights. This was only after we made the trip to Robert Lee to wish Mom (Paula) a one day late birthday. We were in Robert Lee til almost 10pm.
So Then we got up on Friday at around 10am which is the latest I have slept since Kody was born. Slow morning, in which I put another string of lights on the tree and Daniel and Adam played X-box. Kari (Adam's fiance) took Kody shopping with her sister Karla Kay. This made me very nervous but since I had run to get breakfast and Daniel had already said yes I did agree to. Anyway I did a few things to try and stay busy like putting garlend on the windows so that I did not have time to worry. I had just progressed to cleaning the kitchen when Kari came in with Kody he was hungry and wet but very much intact and unharmed. WAY TO GO AUNTIE KARI!!!. Kari then dropped off Kody and picked up Adam and went back to shopping. Daniel and I took our car to walmart to get the oil changed after being there for 1 and half hours they told us they could not change the oil do to the body damage. Talk about irratating. we got back and worked on the house some more Daniel moved the love seat from Adams room and moved the recliner across the living room so that there was just enough seating for everybody. The house still needed more work but Adam called and was bored at subway so we went there for supper. We stayed a little over an hour. We picked up the ham Mom and Louis left in Kari's car and took it home to the fridge. We finally finished decorating, cleaning and vacuming before Adam and Kari even got to the house around 1. Kari and Adam had been over at her place picking up their other gifts and stuff after work and then making a quick stop at walmart.

Saturday morning Merry Christmas eve we were pretty much ready for everyone. I glaazed the Ham in honey and put it on to cook and talked Adam into putting the ornaments on the tree. Joe (daniel's dad came first) then Rebecca Jody and the boys. Finally just before 3pm Mom and Louis showed up and we ate like Kings. After wards we began opening gifts I recieved some bath stuff, a necklace, baked goods, a blanket, and a gift card. I don't remember everyone elses gifts but thank goodness Kody got some teething rings why? well read the next post to find out......

No comments: