Wednesday, March 21, 2007

Prayer is so important

For months my kids have been keeping me from getting good sleep. I have been so tired that I can not sleep at times or when I do fall asleep and Aaron cries I imagine it is part of my dream and have the hardest waking up. Sometimes when I lay down the second I close my eyes I hear him crying even if he is fast asleep. Any way, I honestly don't know why I did not do it before I mean I would pray that the little amount of sleep I got would be adequate and that God would help me to function on the sleep I did get, but I did not pray for Aaron to sleep. I begged him to sleep, but I never asked God to give him sleep. Til a friend of Daniel's said that we needed to pray for peace and sleep for both of our children. And I thought of course what was I thinking it was so odd that I had not asked for this before. SO.... Now every night before I put the boys down for the night I pray that God will give them good health, peace, and sleep. It is working Aaron is still not sleeping through the night but it does not take 2-3hours to get him back to sleep sometimes it only takes 15 mins. So what I really want to do is encourage others to pray for their children to have peace and sleep. I pray for my boys all the time and always have but, for some reason I never thought about praying for the little things we all need. I feel that God has given me renewed energy and more patience and most of all God has given me peace by giving it to my children.

1 comment:

TEXOSE said...

SIMPLY enought that we forget. I know the feeling. I know that there are times, my little bit wakes but I am too gone to hear a thing. I think I need to pray for a lighter sleep as well as your request too. I posted about pray on my blog today too... it is so profound.